Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sleepy Eyes of Death 11: The Human Tarantula

The last time the world ended in snow, this time it's fire. Apart from their happy abandonment of realism, Nemuri Kiyoshi's adventures ten and eleven haven't that much too do with each other.
This part revels in erotically charged violence and psycho-sexual perversion like Poe and Freud meeting for a bottle of sake.
Favorite set piece: Nemuri and evil shogun's daughter consummate their very special love in a house full of freshly slaughtered corpses right in front of a crucified woman.  

Darlings of the Day:
"A 19 year old boy isn't as much fun to torture and kill as a man like me."

"I'm too used to this kind of woman's body. Don't you have anything for me?"

"'For my nation and people.' It makes my hair stand on end."

No comments: