Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sleepy Eyes of Death 12: Castle Menagerie

Sadly, the last part of the series. At first I was a little disappointed with this outing, as it seemed like a relatively conventional tale of Nemuri stoically trying to ignore a palace intrigue, which is very nice, but not the apocalyptic closing point I was hoping for. Until, a little over half its running time over, the film suddenly goes mad, never recovering its obviously fake posture of sanity again. So this turned out to be an appropriate ending.

"Perhaps I should have paid more attention to the men I have killed. Please tell me when and where I killed him."

"I want to bind your arms and legs and play with you until I kill you." (Somebody loves you, Nemuri Kyoshiro)

"I can cut your womb in a second."

No comments: