Saturday, May 2, 2009

In short: My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009)

This one's really not worth the effort of writing a plot synopsis or wasting too many words on. Let's just say the plot ignores everything subtle or interesting about the original and replaces it with the usual slasher by numbers fare with an additional coat of utter vapidness.

Seen as a tits and gore transmission utility, the film could be serviceable. Too bad it is painfully stupid and over the top in a most annoying way - so much so that I had my difficulties to make up my mind if the whole thing was just written by a bunch of morons or is also supposed to be a decidedly unfunny spoof of the slasher genre (and still written by a bunch of morons).

It's also less than helpful for having any productive (that is, not containing fantasies of violence against the director, writers and producers) thoughts about this abomination that the combination of mediocre to terrible acting, crap direction, sub-TV show look (what's composition and framing?) and the tedious and badly written melodrama which fills the scenes between the kills drains every possible bit of tension or interest from the proceedings.

Which of course leads me to the same question just about every horror remake in the last couple of years led me to - why the hell am I wasting my time on this shitty little excuse for a film when I could watch the actually worthwhile original?

 

No comments: