Friday, January 25, 2008

Torchwood & Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles or It's a nightmare, it's a nightmare

I'll keep this short. Why waste time on kicking dead pigs.


Sarah Connor Chronicles s01e01+02

So, let's talk about the worst dialogue one can possibly find, full of bad melodrama and the stupid, let's talk about a script that makes the Terminator 3 movie look like a work of writerly genius, let's talk about the least menacing evil android killers I have ever seen, let's talk about wasting Summer Glau again.
Or better, let's don't.

Torchwood s02e01 aka The Last Straw

After the Doctor Who Christmas Special and this, I've come to the following conclusion: Russel T. Davies and Chib Chibnall are consciously competing for the title of worst TV hack writer ever.
There is really no other explanation for this stupefying piece of crap, and it's really really really impossible to think that someone could read the script for this thing and think it even watchable. What surprised me was Chibnall's ability to do the seemingly impossible and write something that is even worse than the worst thing he wrote for the first season.
I could list all the ways in which the episode fails, but, seeing that it does in every way imaginable, I just don't have the heart. My life is just too short to waste more of it to this series.

No comments: